Our instructors at 2K are some of the best the area has to offer. The goal is to give back as much value as possible because we understand how important training is to player development.
At 2K we make sure we are all on the same page and have the same motives: help give back and teach the amateur athletes that come through our doors how to reach their full potential.
“There are a lot of people whom can say they played athletics at the next level, but that does not mean they can instruct or coach an athlete to do the same. The team of instructors at 2K have competed beyond high school and proven to be successful in instructing young athletes to become better. They’ve worked with several boys on our team over the last year and you can definitely tell a difference in the quality of athlete. The 2K Team cares about the effort young athletes give during their workouts because they want the end result to represent their philosophy. The workouts are physically and mentally demanding at times, however all the instructors have a great attitude and make it fun for the athletes. I’m sure I speak for several of their clients, but we are truly blessed to have the opportunity to train with 2k Team.”
Mark Garner – Son, Colby, Kickapoo H. S.
Ray Kelly – Head Instructor / Co-Owner
- Graduated from Southwest Baptist University in Bolivar, MO with a B.S. in Education in Social Sciences. Was a four-year letter winner for the Bearcats from 2006-09, wrapping up his collegiate career as the school’s all-time leader in mound appearances (61) and innings pitched (263.2).
- Worked at Mac-N-Seitz Baseball Academy from 2009-2010 as a pitching instructor and a strength and conditioning coach
- Began his collegiate coaching career at SBU as the Graduate Assistant Coach for the 2011 season
- Graduate Assistant Coach for the Missouri State Bears 2012-2014
Alex Kelly – Head Instructor / Co-Owner
At Saint Louis University (2011-2013) In his two years at SLU Alex was one of the top hitters in the lineup for the Billikens under Head Coach Darin Hendrickson…hitting in the 3 hole and playing OF both seasons…honored as a 3rd Team All-American and 1st Team All Mid-West Region by ABCA (American Baseball Coaches Association) & Rawlings after the 2013 season by hitting .341, with 12 home runs (1st in the Atlantic 10, 32nd overall in NCAA DI) and driving in 61 RBI’s (Also 1st in the Atlantic 10, 27th overall in NCAA DI)…2-time All-Atlantic 10 selection and 2013 A10 Tournament MVP breaking the tournament record for hits (15) and RBI’s (13)…help lead the Billikens to back-to-back 40 win seasons, and back-to-back A10 conference championships.
At Garden City Community College (2009-2011) Two-time All-Jayhawk Conference selection playing 1b and OF for the Broncbusters under Head Coach Chris Finnegan…helped the team to back-to-back 40 win seasons and the Region VI Tournament in Wichita, KS falling short of the NJCAA World Series by one game.
At Colorado State University (2008-2009) Earned a full-ride scholarship to play quarterback for the Rams under then Head Coach Steve Fairchild…traveled and redshirted during his freshman season as the Rams won the 2008 New Mexico Bowl vs Fresno State.
At Rocky Mountain High School (2005-2008) A two-sport athlete for the Lobos, playing football and baseball…led the Lobos to back-to-back 5A State Championships in 2007 and 2008…earned 1st-Team All-State and All-Colorado accolades in 2008 after hitting .470 with 10 home runs, 43 RBIs…2008 Colorado State Tournament MVP…two time All-Conference selection…earned the Elanor Troxell Award, given to the student-athlete that best represents excellence on the field and in the classroom…won the Fort Collins Coloradoan Athletic Excellece Award for best male athlete…standout in football for RMHS as well…earned 1st-Team All-State, All-Colorado, & Front Range League Player of the Year, breaking school records for career passing TD’s (40) and yards (3,555).
Ryan Fleming – Hitting / Fielding / Next Level Instructor AND Certified Personal Trainer
- Ryan comes from the St. Louis area where he was a standout infielder for Fort Zumwalt South HS. Sadly his career was cut short due to a career ending elbow injury.
- The past 4 years Ryan served as the head coach of the Saint Louis Bandits travel program as well as a hitting, fielding, catching instructor.
- Ryan is also a Certified Personal Trainer through the American Council on Exercise. Over the past 4 years Ryan has served as a fitness coach for athletes developing strength and conditioning programs for all ages.
- Ryan will be available for private lessons as well as helping coach the Next Level Program!
Garrett Newberry – Pitching / Hitting / Catching Instructor
- Originally recruited as a catcher by Central Methodist University
- Moved to 3rd base and pitcher by spring season of freshman year
- 4 year starter
- Multiple all district/All conference honors
- 1st team All state pitcher (2015)
- Career batting average .390
- Posted a .84 ERA (2015)
- Holds Mountain Grove’s Strikeout Record for a single game (17)
- Holds Mountain Grove’s lowest single season ERA record (.84)
- Pitcher of the year honors (2013,2015)
- Was named area MVP (2015)
Jake Fromson – Pitching / Hitting / Next Level Instructor
At Missouri State University (2015-2018):
• Collegiate Baseball Preseason All-America (2018)
• Preseason All-MVC (2018)
• Collegiate Baseball Third-Team All-America (2017)
• First-Team All-MVC (2017)
• MVC Pitcher of the Year (2017)
• MVC Championship All-Tournament Team (2017)
2017: Fromson produced a record-setting junior campaign that saw the Lee’s Summit, Mo., native become the 38th All-American in program history and the eighth Bear to be named Missouri Valley Conference Pitcher of the Year … Broke the Bears’ single-season mark for appearances (37), while racking up a team-high eight victories and a Valley-best 2.25 earned run average … Held the opposition to a .170 batting mark—also a league best … Named First-Team All-MVC and Third-Team All-America by Collegiate Baseball … Allowed just two earned runs on 11 hits in 12 appearances covering 26.0 innings during Valley play, striking out 32 while issuing just three walks …Ranked fourth nationally in both appearances and WHIP (0.86), as well as seventh in hits allowed per nine innings (5.57)
JT Stalnaker – Catching / Hitting / Next Level Instructor
4 year starting catcher – Ecclesia College
- 3 time All-American NCCAA
- 3 time All-Central Region 1st Team
- 3 time All-Arkansas catcher
- 2 time Conference Player of the Year
- 2 time 1st Team All-Conference
- Set School Records in Hits, 2B, HR, RBI’s, AB’s, caught stealing, caught stealing %
Christian Vonderheide – Pitching / Hitting / Next Level Instructor
College (Pitcher / Shortstop)
- Drury University 2017
- College of the Ozarks 2014-2016
- All-State pitcher & shortstop 2013 & 2014
- All-Conference 2012-2014
- All-Area 2012-2014
- Holds record for single season strikeouts (107 in 45 innings)
- Career ERA of 1.2 and .44 ERA in 2014
- Career batting average .410
- 4 year starter
Haley Kinnison – Softball Instructor
Coaching – Spent last 2 season as Assistant/Pitching Coach at State Fair C.C.
College: Missouri Southern and Central Methodist University
- 2nd Team All-American
- 1st Team All-Region
- HAAC Pitcher of the Year
- HAAC Newcomer of the Year
- 2 Conference Championships
- Regional Champions and 5th place finish
High School: Lee’s Summit North High School & Originals Fastpitch Organization
- 3 time All-Region
- 4 time All-District
- 4 time All-Conference